Friday, January 02, 2009

oh hello new year.

New Year, new school semester, new collection to plan (actually I'm kind of planning 2 collections...)

The major collection is for Spring/Summer '10. I'm not giving sneak peeks just yet, but I am going to start showing off the back end work. The image research and my written justifications.

I'm borrowing heavily from William Gibson's short story The Gernsback Continuum for ideas and a sense of mood.




"We live with the ghosts of the the futures that never were. We document our own future, our own Continuum, with every breath. Taking, and leaving, the pieces of the past that suit us and forgetting what should have been, and may still be.
What if we were to skip to their Continuum.
What if we we already have. "


I'm going way more conceptual than I usually do. I'm hoping for good things.

No comments: