Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Artsy Fartsy Updateville


Through the magic of ebay I have procured a Holga and it is on it's way to my grubby little paws.

and really I probably should have just picked one up at Urban Outfitters.

but I wanted one that was as shitty as possible.


Cause the great thing about this camera is that it's medium format (high resolution, ability to have very small grain on a regular sized image, etc) but the lens is crappy plastic, the body leaks light, it basically only shoots one f-stop so everything is always under or over exposed, the projected image from the lens doesn't match the film mask so there's usually vignetting and or weirdness, and basically you get this great high quality shitty as fuck image.

And I'm about 15 years late to the party.

woo!

No comments: