Monday, November 16, 2009

Ruffely Goodness

So once upon a time I made this



And now Chanel and some other lovely pants have jumped on the Ruff bandwagon (please note I take absolutely no responsibility for this, as much as I would like to).









There's been a run on ruffles for the past couple of years, with Heavy hitters like Chanel and Givenchy covering garments in them. The neck ruff has had success with alternative designers, but to see it being shown on top runways is a little strange. It's certainly a statement piece, and one of those items that will get you noticed. It will be interesting to see it worn on the street. For the most part my big ruffs tend to go to performers, and the little ones are more like fabric necklaces anyway. I think I'm going to need to find a way to wear a ruff without it being a big deal.

I'll report back to you the results.

promise.

No comments: